Thank you for choosing Xplora. We hope that you and your child enjoy this new and more exciting way of exploring the world.
In addition to this quick start guide, we have prepared a video to illustrate the setup process for the watch and the app*.
*We currently recommend to use the Xplora 3S watch with our newest Xplora app.
Choose a SIM-card:
Xplora 3S watches are compatible with nano-SIM cards of most major mobile providers in the European Union. Click here for a list of compatible providers.
In order to use a SIM-card in your Xplora 3S watch, you have to deactivate the card's pin code. Click here to learn how to deactivate the PIN-code.
Check the box for the following items:
- Xplora 3S watch
- Micro-USB charger
- Quick user guide
Charging the Xplora 3S
You will find the charging port of your Xplora 3S on the back of the device. Open the grey rubber lid to reveal the port. Insert the micro-USB cable to charge the watch. When charging, a battery symbol will appear on the screen.
Be careful not to damage the lid, otherwise the watch may become vulnerable to water damage.
Only phone calls with registered contacts
CAMERA & PHOTO MESSAGE
Take a photo and store it on the watch or share it with your family
Record, send and receive voice message
Send a funny emoji message
REAL TIME TRACKING
GPS, WiFi and mobile cell tower triangulation for the most accurate location data
WATER RESISTANT IP67
No need to take off the watch when playing with water*
*IMPORTANT: The watch complies with IP67, meaning it can be submerged 1m below water for a maximum of 30 minutes. However, inappropriate use may damage the watch, so please keep in mind that the Xplora 3S is not a diving watch.
- When switched off, press and hold the button to switch the watch on.
- Press once to turn on the screen
- Press and hold for approx. 5 second to activate the SOS alarm
- Press and hold for approx. 8 seconds to switch the watch off. The SOS alarm will be triggered when switching off the device this way. Alternatively you can switch off the watch through the app or through the device's settings menu without triggering the SOS alarm.
Activate Xplora 3S
1. Insert an active 2G SIM card. Make sure the SIM has sufficient credit and data enabled.
2. Download the Xplora app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store by searching "Xplora" or by clicking on one of the following links:
The Xplora app requires at least iOS 12.0 and Android 6.0 or higher.
3. Install the app on your smartphone and follow the instructions on your screen to verify the number of your smartphone and create a user account. Make sure to use your own phone number (not the watch's phone number) when creating a guardian account.
4. After creating a user account, the app will prompt you to add a watch. Press "Add device", then "Scan code". Give the app permission to access your camera.
5. Select "Activation" on the watch to show the QR code.
6. Scan the QR code shown on the watch to pair the watch with your app and type in your watch's phone number.
NOTE: The service performance may vary by the mobile network coverage. Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.