Thank you for choosing XPLORA. The following guide will show you how to set up your XPLORA GO.
In addition, we have prepared a video summarising the setup and the watch's functionalities:
XPLORA GO is compatible with nano-SIM cards of most major mobile providers in the European Union. Click here for a list of compatible providers.
In order to use a SIM-card in your XPLORA GO, you have to deactivate the card's pin code. Click here to learn how to deactivate the PIN-code.
Check the box for the following items:
- XPLORA GO device
- Quick user guide
- Micro-USB charger
Charging the XPLORA GO
You will find the charging port of your XPLORA GO on the left side of the device. If the device is equipped with the XPLORA GO watch strap, you need to open the rubber lid that protects the port. Be careful not to damage the lid, otherwise the device may become more vulnerable to water damage.
Insert the micro-USB cable to charge the watch. When charging, a battery symbol will appear on the screen.
Phone calls with registered contacts
CAMERA & PHOTO MESSAGE
Take a photo and store it on the watch or share it with your family
Record, send and receive voice messages
Send a funny emoji message
REAL TIME TRACKING
GPS, WiFi and mobile cell tower triangulation for the most accurate location data
TRACKER MODE SELECTION
Select the tracker mode by purpose i.e. Asset,
- When switched off, press and hold the button on the right side of the device to switch the watch on.
- Press once to turn on the screen
- Press and hold for approx. 5 seconds to activate the SOS alarm and call the guardians (subject to coverage)
- Press and hold for approx. 20 seconds to switch the device off. The SOS alarm will be triggered when switching off the device this way. Alternatively you can switch off the device through the app or through the device's settings menu without triggering the SOS alarm.
Activate XPLORA Go
1. Insert an active 2G SIM card. Make sure the SIM has sufficient credit and data enabled.
2. Download the XPLORA GO app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store by searching "XPLORA GO". The XPLORA GO-app requires at least iOS 9.0 and Android 4.1 or higher.
3. Install the app on your smartphone and follow the instructions on your screen to verify the number of your smartphone and create a user account. Important: When creating an administrator, do not write your phone number with a space or zero beforehand.
4. Select "Activation" on the device to show the QR code.
5. Select "Add device" in the XPLORA app and scan the QR code to pair the device with your app.
6. You can add a second administrator by repeating these steps with the phone of the person you want to assign administrator rights to. Once the second guardian has scanned the code of the watch, the first guardian needs to accept the contact request in the app. Afterwards you can grant admin rights in the contact menu of the app.
Changing the device mode
By default, XPLORA GO is set to "asset mode" after the activation. If you want to use the device as a smartwatch, you need to change the device mode. Click here to learn how to change the mode of XPLORA GO.
Article is closed for comments.