What is the difference between guardians and standard contacts?
Guardians of the watch (usually parents) are the contacts that have access to all the settings of the watch. They can, among others, manage other contacts, track the watch's position or define safe zones.
All contacts can interact with the watch by calling and messaging (sending and receiving voice and text messages, photos, emojis, etc.).
Note that each contact will need to download the Xplora app to exchange messages with the watch. If the watch has a data-only SIM-card, they will also need to use the app to call and receive calls from the watch.
How many guardians can the XGO2 have?
There is a limit of two guardians.
How many numbers can you save on the XGO2?
Up to 50 phone numbers can be saved.
How many people can be connected to the XGO2 at once?
A total of 50 people (including the two guardians) can be connected to the watch.
How many people can receive emergency calls?
2 people (guardians of the watch).
How do you add new contacts and a second guardian?
The person who scans the QR code to activate the watch automatically becomes the guardian of the watch. This guardian can later add a second guardian and contacts through the Xplora app.
There are two options:
- A guardian can add new contacts through the Contacts menu of the app. In order to use all the messaging features, the contacts must download the Xplora app and create a user profile. If the watch has a data-only SIM-card, calls will also go through the app.
- If someone has already downloaded the Xplora app and created a user profile, they can scan the watch's QR code using the "Add device" option on the Xplora app. The guardian will then receive their request to become a contact, which needs to get confirmed before the contact is added to the contact list of the watch.
Once the new user has been added as a contact, the guardian can grant him guardian rights through the Contacts menu of the app. In order to do it, the guardian needs to select the contact and click on "Set contact as a guardian". Once done, both guardians have access to the same features.
How many watches will appear on the app?
Up to 10 Xplora watches will show up on the Xplora app.
Articles in this section
- How does the GPS work?
- Everything you need to know about contacts and guardians
- The battery of my watch doesn't last longer than one day
- How can I factory reset my watch?
- My watch no longer turns on
- How is the position calculated?
- How do I set an alarm on the watch?
- How does the school mode work?
- How does the SOS call work?
- The watch displays the incorrect date and time