The screen of the X5 Play/X5 Play eSIM is too small for the child to comfortably type on it. That's why it's not possible to send SMS-messages from the watch. The guardians and all the contacts that have been previously saved on the app can send text messages to the watch.
Thanks to the chat feature, on the other hand, children can send pre-saved short texts and emojis, as well as voice messages and photos, to the guardians and all the contacts who have downloaded the Xplora app.
The chat is limited to exchanges between the watch and the app. Currently, it's not possible for two children to send messages to each other from their watches. Two kids can call each other if their parents have added the phone numbers of both watches to both contact lists in their apps.
Articles in this section
- Everything you need to know about calls and messages & contacts and guardians
- My watch no longer turns on
- The battery of my watch doesn't last longer than one day
- How to factory reset the watch
- How is the position calculated?
- How does the school mode work?
- How does the SOS call work?
- How do I set an alarm on the watch?
- The watch displays the incorrect date and time
- Can my watch send text messages?