Sometimes it might be necessary to perform a factory reset of your watch.
Due to security reasons, the X5 Play (eSIM) doesn't have a button to reset the watch.
The guardian can reset the watch by deleting it from their app. To do that, tap into the menu of the watch in the app, scroll down until you see the last position "Remove watch". Tap on that and confirm by pressing "Remove". If the watch has two guardians, you will need to remove all the other contacts before the watch can be deleted from the app and perform the factory reset.
Note: The watch can only be reset while having access to mobile network.
Before resetting the watch, please make sure that the SIM-card has data volume and the watch has enough coverage. If the position of the watch is being updated and messages can be sent, the watch has access to mobile network, and the reset may be fulfilled. Please mind that all settings will be deleted, and you will need to activate your watch once again.
X5 Play eSIM: If you factory reset the watch via app, the eSIM will be deactivated and you will need to get a new and active eSIM from your eSIM provider.
If you want to factory reset your watch, we recommend you to contact us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us the IMEI number (to be found in the Settings of the watch and on the packaging) and ensure that the watch has an active Internet connection.
Articles in this section
- Everything you need to know about calls and messages & contacts and guardians
- My watch no longer turns on
- The battery of my watch doesn't last longer than one day
- How to factory reset the watch
- How is the position calculated?
- How does the school mode work?
- How does the SOS call work?
- How do I set an alarm on the watch?
- The watch displays the incorrect date and time
- Can my watch send text messages?