Welcome in the Xplora family! We hope that you and your child enjoy this new and more exciting way of exploring the world. The following guide will show you how to set up your watch.
Check the box for the following items:
NOTE: Please use only authorised Xplora accessories.
CAUTION: Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Do not remove or attempt to remove the non-user-replaceable battery. If you experience problems with the battery, please contact the customer support.
Prepare the SIM-Card
XGO2 will only work with a Nano SIM card. Install SIM card:
Use the screwdriver that was included in your Xplora watch box to open the SIM-card slot. Once you have removed the lid, withdraw the current SIM-card. Place your new SIM-card with the chip facing up and push it all the way in until it clicks firmly into place.
- Make sure your watch is fully charged. If the watch previously ran out of power, it might take up to 15 minutes of charging before the watch can be switched on.
- Download and install the Xplora app on your smartphone:
- Create a user account - Make sure to use your own phone number (not the watch's phone number) when creating a guardian account.
- After creating a user account, the app will prompt you to add a watch. Press "Add device", then "Scan code". Give the app permission to access your camera.
- On the watch, select "QR code" in the Settings menu.
- Scan the QR code shown on the watch and type in your watch's phone number. Make sure that you enter the number of the SIM-card that is inside the watch.
- Click here to learn how to add a second guardian.
NOTE: The performance of the watch might depend on the mobile network coverage. Contact us through our contact form for further assistance.
Articles in this section
- Set up your SIM and watch (US customers ONLY)
- XGO2: Quickstart guide (European customers)
- XGO2: Add a second guardian
- Download user manual for the XGO2
- Xplora app setup and features
- The watch and the guardian have the same number
- Despite being a guardian, I see this message: Your request has been sent to the guardian. It's waiting for consent
- Nothing happens when I scan the QR code
- I have paired the watch but the QR code still appears on the watch
- Correct SIM-card position